Aranya is a nineteen year old poet, who has added the nuance of maturethoughts to youthful curiosity, in the Indian poetry circuit. Her pieces targetsocial issues, especially stigmatized topics.
• Aranya’s first released piece, ‘A Brown Girl’s Guide to Gender’, hit1 million views, within two days of its upload, currently over 30million and counting. Aranya’s second video, ‘To Bleed WithoutViolence’, was a collaborative piece with WASH United, which hit 7million views over the weekend of the upload. She nowcumulatively holds around 45 million views.
• Aranya has also been featured in the FOX documentary- ‘Girlz’.
• She was the first poet to integrate spoken word in Bollywood, through her collaboration with Akshay Kumar, for the movie‘Padman’. Aranya’s work has been recognized by Reebok andpromoted at their event ‘Fit to Fight’ in the month of December of2017.
• Aranya has been featured on Rolling Stone and Harper Bazaar Top2017 list.
• Aranya has had the privilege to represent India for Google’sinitiative, ‘WomenWill 2018’, Japan, Gate’s Foundation‘Goalkeepers 2018’, New York City.
• Aranya’s work has been supported by publications such as MumbaiMirror, Hindustan Times Café, India Today, India Express, IndiaTimes, FilterCopy, Stop Acid Attacks, Make Love Not Scars (NGOworking against acid attacks), Story Pick, The Quint, Kommune,Education Post, Vivriti Foundation, Desi Hip Hop, Asian Age, AsiaNetNewsable, Beat Map , Reacho, AWARE; and personalities suchas Akshay Kumar, BarkhaDutt, TanmayBhat (AIB), Faye D’Souza,SapanVerma and Sahil Shah (EIC), RegaJha (Editor-in-Chief ofBuzzfeed India), Cyrus Broacha, etc.
• Aranya has been featured in various international publications such asBuzzfeed News, Teen Vogue, Mashable, Refinery29, Marie Claire,Arte, PopXO, So Feminine UK, WELT, ORF, Tagesspiegel, FAZ.NET -Frankfurter AllgemeineZeitung, Bento, Jetzt, Hefty.Korea,Freenet.de
• Performed at various venues such as Hive, Tuning Fork, Antisocial,Barking Deer, House of Wow, Of10, Tata Institute of Social Sciences,QTube, Abstrakt, etc.
• Aranya is the co-founder of More than Mics, an organization set tocurate creative platforms for performance arts (poetry, music, comedyetc.), which has been featured in publications such as Hindustan Times,Midday, Asian Age, What’s Hot, Little Black Book, etc.
• Aranya has been featured on various radio channels such as BBC AsianNetwork, Radio Orange, Radio City Freedom etc.
• Aranya has been the featured/curated artist at India’s premierperformance stages such as TedxICT Mumbai, Esperance, OfficialMicro-fiction Fan Fest, Kommune, Brown Bread Collective’s PowaiSlam, Unerase Poetry, Open Sky Slam and so on.
• Aranya has been compering events for the Korean Consulate ofMumbai since 2014, having learnt Korean as well.